Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day one of a million. . .

Where to begin? I guess at the beginning when I woke up. . . at 4, 5, and 6. That's right, every hour on the hour because my nerves seeped in to my sleep pattern. My alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. which means it was really 6:20 because I set it fast. IT was rough dragging myself out of bed and going through the morning routine, which now involves breakfast in one form or another thanks to my decision to make a New Year's resolution. Anyways, I'll skip ahead. . .

The rotation isn't going to be bad. I have to write a lot of menus which I really don't like doing but that's life I suppose, doing things you don't really like doing. The people are nice, I felt a little awkward around them mostly because I had to check the sarcasm. I don't want to come off as too abrasive, especially on the first day, so I held back. But they seem like they wouldn't mind so tomorrow maybe I might settle back into being myself a little more. That will help make it better, that and not having to stare at the computer for hours. Oh, and I won't have to hear about the drama in the kitchen so much, hopefully.

I will be observing the outpatient dietitian tomorrow. She's really nice, I know her from outside of my rotations and she's cool so hopefully I'll learn a lot and enjoy my break form the menus that I can seem myself complaining about a lot this week.

In other news, I'm getting a new roommate. I met him and his girlfriend today, we said like two words to each other and they both seem nice. As far as I know just the dude is moving in, but I could be wrong. We also had a dinner for Adele's birthday, that was a lot of fun. A bunch of girl's sitting around, eating, and talking about doing exactly what our program director told us not to do :) We really do what we're told but in some instances she just isn't realistic, like with the gossiping. Everyone does it, especially, it seems, dietitians, so of course we all have to share what we hear with each other.

I'm going to end this one with a quote that is posted in the nutrition services office where I've been hanging out, I think it will help convey the type of people I'm spending my week with: "If you can't be kind at least have the decency to be vague."

1 comment:

  1. 'ware the gossip, dear one. It can get you in trouble. So only gossip with people you trust and where it can't get overheard by someone who can fire you.

    I like the quote. I hope you slept better last night. Be good. -L

    ReplyDelete